Friday, October 2, 2009

October is here

October, to Erin and I is a wonderful month. We enjoy the fall colors and the coolness of the mornings and nights. After the kids got too old to trick or treat I kinda forgot about Halloween, that is until I married Erin and she forced me to recognize it and participate in it once again. I have hundreds of memories of the kids and all the costumes they wore. And I remember the year each of the them became too "cool" to go out begging for candy.
~Tommy

I love October! Fall is in full swing, the leaves will start to change soon, the air smells a little sweeter, fall festivals all over north GA are beginning and Jacob is going to be the cutest pumpkin ever this year. I figured I needed to do it now before he can start talking and tell me that being a fat little pumpkin for Halloween is for babies. Last year he was a bumble bee, he was only about 7 weeks old last year so this year should be more fun for me...I mean him. HA! I think my favorite Halloween costume was when I was Miss America. I loved that dress my mom may for me. I remember telling her that I was going to wear it to prom when I got into high school. Boy am I glad it got ripped before I had to live up to that promise.
~Rachel

Halloween will be a little different for us this year. Corey is too old for trick-or-treat so we will be going to some of the festivals at the nearby orchards. Jennifer and Corey have been picking out costumes for Booh and Chester. I think Chester will be superman and poor old Booh is going to be completely humiliated in a pumpkin costume.
~Andy

I don't really remember any Halloween costumes that I had. Like probably most of us with our kids, I remember Rachel's better than my own. I can't really say that this was my favorite of hers but it was the one I remember the most. It was one of, if not the last year she really went trick or treating, with Mom along anyway. She wanted to be Miss America, or some kind of beauty queen. I bought a pattern and cut it down & I found some awful teal colored taffeta. I made her a long dress with 1980's big puffy sleeves, and if I remember correctly a peplum. I guess she liked it, she acted like she did. Like everything else she hung on to it for the longest time before she finally through it out. All I remember was that her crown got caught in the limb of a tree she walked under, and her feet were killing her by the time we got home from the heels she was wearing. But like every year, after the kids went to bed Mom snuck in and raided their candy sacks. This year I'm sure Jake will get a ton of candy, he looks adorable in his pumpkin costume. I guess Granny and Mom will be raiding his candy sack after he goes to bed.
~Diane

If anyone has anything they would like to post about fall/October, November/Thanksgiving or just general post send them my way. Let us know what is going on in your lives.
Love to everyone!
Rachel

No comments: